Our body’s stress reaction system was created to manage short-term stress situations thousands of years ago. Today, with the faster pace of life, the body and mind is often pushed into a continuous stress cycle and our stress reaction system cannot effectively deal with this.
For people who experience stress and pressure continuously, they often ignore the symptoms and form the belief that stress symptoms like muscular tension, headaches, poor digestion & insomnia are a part of normal life. However, it doesn’t have to be like this!
To break the cycle of continuous stress & pressure, we need to take a step back and recognize the sources of our stresses whether they be environmental, physical, energetic, psychological and/or belief based. Once we understand this, we can learn how negative habits and core beliefs develop and effect our lives.
That is what this workshop is about. If we can understand how these things are generally effected through the brain and nervous system, we can apply solutions to living a more balanced and self-fulfilling life. This is where the effective practice of Yoga Nidra can be applied easily.
Why take this workshop?
Dr. Anna Popova topics: (Neurologist, presented in German)
- Yoga Nidra neuroscientific foundations
- Neuroprotective effects of Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra in the treatment of migraines, tension headaches, depression and anxiety disorders
- Power of positive formulations and the impact of affirmations (Sankalpa) on our health
Eric Bennewitz topics: (Yoga Nidra Teacher, presented in English)
- Stages of Yoga nidra and the effects on the brain and nervous system
- A yoga practice to calm the body & mind before Yoga Nidra
- Full Yoga Nidra practice (40 minutes)